|A very satisfying, quick, and easy|
way to prepare egg drop soup...
Posted by Sandra
Prep: 5 Mins. |
· 5 cups chicken broth, divided
· 1/3 cup carrot, grated
· 1/3 cup frozen peas, thawed
· 1/3 cup cabbage, finely diced
· 2 green onions, finely sliced on the diagonal
· 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
· 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
· 1/4 teaspoon salt
· 1/8 teaspoon finely ground pepper
· 1-1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
· 4 eggs, beaten
Reserve 3/4 cup of chicken broth, and pour the rest into a large saucepan, along with the carrots, peas, cabbage, green onions, and garlic powder. Stir the ginger, salt and pepper into the saucepan, and bring to a boil for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together the remaining broth and cornstarch until smooth, and slowly add to soup while whisking (you can add more/less cornstarch to achieve your desired thickness, just mix it with a bit of liquid first).
In a small bowl, whisk the eggs using a fork. Reduce heat just until soup is still simmering, and while whisking in a clockwise motion very slowly drizzle the eggs to form ribbons (eggs will cook immediately). - Enjoy!