|A chocoholics dream dessert...|
Prep: 15 mins. |
Cook 50 mins.
Posted by Sandra
· 2 cups granulated sugar
· 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
· 3/4 cup unsweetened chocolate powder (I prefer Hershey’s)
· 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
· 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
· 1 teaspoon salt
· 2 large eggs
· 1 cup milk
· 1/2 cup vegetable oil
· 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
· 1 cup boiling water
***Chocolate Buttercream: (Yields about 2 cups)
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2/3 cup unsweetened chocolate powder (Again, I prefer Hershey’s)
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temp.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 to 4 tablespoons of milk
- ¼ cup pistachios, chopped
--Bundt Cake: Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 12-cup bundt pan. Stir together sugar, flour, chocolate powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. In a small bowl whisk the eggs, milk, oil and vanilla, then add to dry ingredients in large bowl. Beat mixture on medium speed for 2 minutes. Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin). Pour batter into prepared bundt pan. Bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in bundt pan for 15 minutes, and then remove and place on a wire rack to cool completely.
--Chocolate Buttercream: Meanwhile, begin making the buttercream. Sift the confectioners’ sugar and chocolate powder through the cleaned sieve into a large bowl (do not skip this step as it makes for a creamier frosting). With a hand mixer, begin by adding the butter and mix with sugar on low speed until well blended, and then increase speed to medium and beat for another 3 minutes. Add vanilla extract, and milk, and then continue to beat on medium speed for 2 more minutes, adding additional cream a bit at a time if needed for your desired consistency (see photograph). Frost your cooled bundt cake, and sprinkle top with pistachios. - Enjoy!