|Lusciously addicting cookies...|
Prep Time: 15 Mins. |
10 to 12 Mins.
Posted by Sandra
· 1 cup unsalted butter, at room. temp.
· 1 cup granulated sugar
· 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
· 3/4 cup vegetable oil
· 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
· 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
· 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
· 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
· 1 teaspoon baking soda
· ½ teaspoon baking powder
· 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice (For my homemade spice blend, click here: Sandra's Pumpkin Pie Spice Blend)
· 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
· 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (not quick cooking)
· 1 cup craisins, chopped finer
· 1 cup unsweetened flaked coconut, chopped finer
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Set two cookie sheets lined with parchment paper aside.
In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars until fluffy, slowly add vegetable oil and beat until well incorporated and more fluffy (important). Add the applesauce, beaten eggs, and vanilla, and then beat just to combine.
With a sieve, sift over the bowl of wet ingredients the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and spices. Stir with a spoon just until mixed through. Add the oatmeal, craisins, and coconut; folding just to combine.
Spoon batter using a teaspoon (or a small scoop) onto a parchment –lined cookie sheet spaced 1" apart. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until lightly browned. Remove from oven and let stand a couple of minutes on cookie sheet prior to removing so they stay intact. Place another batch on the second parchment-lined baking sheet (you can do this while the prior batch is baking), and continue doing so until batter is gone.
TIP: Try not to "overwork" the batter after adding dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, as doing so will result in tough cookies.