SANDRA’S ALASKA SOURDOUGH STARTER (HOW TO...)

1-1/2 cups of starter sufficiently bubbly
and ready to use in my
Sweet Sourdough Zucchini Bread

with a Glazed Topping... 
Initially Yields: (4 cups)

INGREDIENTS:

2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups warm water

METHOD

Using a wooden spoon (not metal), stir the mixture in a medium glass bowl until smooth.  Pour the mixture into a glass quart-size mason jar, and cover with plastic wrap securing with a rubber band.  Place in a warm area atop a kitchen towel for 48 hours while gently stirring a couple of times per day.  Move container to refrigerator. 

To use starter, remove amount called for in recipe, and let sit covered in a glass container, covered, overnight to come to room temperature and become bubbly.

Meanwhile, replenish your sourdough starter with equal amounts of flour and warm water, i.e., 1 cup all-purpose flour, and 1 cup warm water; stir with wooden spoon, cover, and let stand in warm place until bubbly, for about 3 to 5 hours, then refrigerate.

I’ll be posting recipes using my sourdough starter as time allows. ~ Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tips:  I ordered my *Sourdough Starter Packet from the Alaska Herb and Tea Company a couple of months ago, and I’m pulling out my old recipes now that I have a batch active again.


Sweet Sourdough Zucchini Bread
with a Glazed Topping




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...