|We used to make this salad|
religiously when my friend Millie
lived in Juneau, and we often shared we it while others
made different salads to swap for lunch
so we all had a variety = great memories...
Prep Time: 5 min. |
Cook Time: (To cook wild rice)
Posted via Millie via Sandra
· 1 box -long-Grain-Wild-Rice-Quick Cooking (Steam wild rice according to directions.)
· 2 cups cooked turkey (or ham), cut into ½” cubes
· 1 cup Swiss cheese, chopped into ¼” cubes
· 2 green onions, finely sliced
· 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
· 1 (14 oz. can/jar) marinated artichoke hearts, drained, then cut into quarters
· 1 (4 oz. can) of sliced black olives, drained
· ¼ cup lemon juice
· 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
· kosher salt and ground pepper to taste
· ¼ cup light olive oil
Cook wild rice with seasoning packet according to package directions, and set aside to let cool.
Meanwhile, whisk the dressing ingredients in a medium non-reactive bowl (glass or ceramic) until emulsified. Add salad ingredients; toss, and then refrigerate for at least a ½ hour for flavors to meld before serving. - Enjoy!