SANDRA’S FRESH MANGO-BANANA-STRAWBERRY SMOOTHIE (Non-Dairy)

This is a creation I made today 
per a request for a non-dairy, 
full-bodied and fruity smoothie...

[This photograph was featured in 
BEST PICTURES OF Website on 6-1-11 - Yay!;
'Smoothie Web' just featured a wonderful review 
http://www.smoothieweb.com/ - very, very nice!; 
and it was also featured on 8-18-11 
http://www.trendykeys.blogspot.com/ 
- I am honored!

This recipe and photos of it were
feature once again on 6-9-12
at http://whatscookinglove.blogspot.com
/2012/06/layered-strawberry-mango-smoothies.html 

Another mention of this recipe
was found listed on 5-10-13
http://www.whatscookinglove.com/2012/06/
layered-strawberry-mango-smoothies.html
Servings: (2)
Prep:  10 Mins.

Posted: by Sandra 

INGREDIENTS

***1st layer:
1 mango, peeled, pitted and chopped
½ cup orange juice
1 tablespoon lime juice
2 tablespoons honey
3 medium ice cubes

***2nd Layer:
1 banana, chopped
10 strawberries, cut in half
1 tablespoon lime juice
3 medium ice cubes

METHOD

In a blender, puree the mango, orange juice, lime juice, honey, and ice cubes, until smooth, and divide amongst 2 straight-sided 8 oz. glasses, and set aside.

Rinse blender, then puree banana, strawberries, lemon juice, and ice cubes, until smooth, and gently pour into glasses while trying to maintain a line separating the layers. ~ Enjoy!

16 comments:

sandra said...

Many people have issues digesting dairy products, hence this recipe. You won't be able detect the absence of yogurt, and I think these separate smoothie recipes would make fine daiquiri cocktails - just add a bit of rum to each ;)

Zebrastripes said...

I would like to say that I have tried many smoothies and i don’t like any smoothies. I found this recipe today and decided to try it and I loved it! Its my first smoothie that I actually like! Thank you so much for creating it!

sandra said...

Zebrastripes - You are so very welcome! I am thrilled you made and loved this smoothie ~ it's one of my favorites as well ~ thanks for posting your kind comment!

Juice Fiend said...

Hi Sandra,

I love this idea of layered smoothies. They look beautiful. I mentioned your post as being the inspiration for the banana, mango and raspberry smoothie I made today (http://www.juicefiend.com/banana-mango-raspberry-smoothie/)

sandra said...

Juice Fiend - Thank you, that's wonderful! I'll have to try your smoothie out as well, it sounds too spectacular not to ;)

Anonymous said...

wow...... it is good but also looks beautiful..... i drink it ALL the time..... all though i am a fan of smoothies i think this one is on the top of my list! thankyou for creating this magnificant drink..

sandra said...

I'm glad you are a fan of this smoothie. Thank you! I appreciate you posting your kind comments ;)

Keanne said...

heyy, omg this smoothie look absolutely amazing, i was looking for smoothie recipes to write about on my blog when i found yours on this other blog i was looking at and wanted to let you know that i will most definitely be sharing your creation. on another note all your recipes look so good and i can not wait to try some of them out :)

sandra said...

Thank you for the kind comment Keanne - please forward a link if/when you do post this recipe to your blog of this delightful smoothie! Have a great day ;-)

Keanne said...

Keanne i have just posted your recipe so here you check out the link www.trendykeys.blogspot.com or clink my name and it should forward you there!! hope you check it out and if there`s something you like leave a comment

Vanessa said...

Awesome taste and looks great too! Beats Jamba Juice any day and I'm sure its 10 times healthier! Great smoothie! Going to make it very often!

sandra said...

Thank you so much, Vanessa ;) I'm very happy you're enjoying this healthy and delightful smoothie!!

Carole said...

That latyering is so cute Sandra. Thanks for linking this in to Food on Friday.

sandra said...

Thanks so much, Carole ~ my pleasure dear lady!

Jacquelynne Steves said...

It looks really pretty! I'm sure it tastes great too :)
(I found you through Carole's Chatter.)

sandra said...

How wonderful that you stopped by Jacquelynne! Thank you very much for you kind comments ~ I just love, love Carole's Chatter ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...