|This is such a fabulous dish|
that Max prepares using kielbasa as he did tonight.
Other nights he'll change it up using halibut, salmon, shrimp/prawns
and/or scallops every few weeks...
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 30 min.
· 1 lb. ring of smoked kielbasa sausage
· 4 tablespoons butter
· ½ medium onion, diced
· 1 cup celery, diced
· ½ red bell pepper, diced
· 2 cloves garlic, minced
· 1 (15-oz. can) Italian stewed tomatoes, undrained (break up tomatoes)
· 2 (15-oz. cans) of beef broth
· 1 teaspoon kosher salt
· 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or more if you like it spicier)
· 1 teaspoon creole seasoning
· 2 bay leaves (remove after cooking)
· 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped (or 2 teaspoons dried)
--- 2 cups prepared steamed rice (i.e., 1 cup raw rice cooked according to pkg. directions)
· Fresh chopped parsley
In a dutch oven, melt the butter over medium-high heat, add onion, celery, bell pepper, and garlic, cooking until tender. Stir in stewed tomatoes, beef broth, spices; bring to boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes (adding water, if needed); stir in parsley, add the kielbasa, and cook for 5 minutes.
Tip: Refrigerate leftovers in separate containers, i.e., rice in one, and creole in the other.