|What a special treat that is so quick to prepare, |
a must when you have fresh Alaskan king crab...
or 4 as a sidedish)
Posted: by Sandra
Prep: 15 min |
Cook time 20 min
· ½ lb. king crab meat
· 1/4 cup mayonnaise
· 1/4 cup sour cream
· ½ teaspoon lemon juice
· ½ teaspoon worcestershire sauce
· ½ teaspoon dijon mustard
· 1/8 teaspoon curry powder
· ¼ teaspoon each:
--Old bay seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder
· Kosher & freshly ground pepper to taste
***Cheddar cheese sauce
· 1-1/2 tablespoons butter
· 1-1/2 tablespoons flour
· Kosher salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
· 3/4 cup milk
· 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese; grated
· 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric (beautifully enhances ‘yellow’ color)
· 4 slices of quality bread
· Olive oil (for brushing the bread before toasting)
· 4 bacon slices, cut in half, and cooked
· 1 tomato, thinly sliced (placed on top after cooking, but before cheese sauce)
· 1 chives (or green onions), chopped
Preheat the over to 300 degrees. Cook the bacon then set aside on paper towel. In a medium bowl whisk the mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, worcestershire, dijon, and curry powder together, and then fold in the crabmeat; set aside.
Scantly brush the bread with olive oil and ‘lightly’ toast in toaster (to prevent getting soggy in the oven), and place on a foil-lined baking sheet. Layer each with two ½-slices of bacon, and generously place crabmeat mixture over the bacon. Bake for 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in the flour and seasonings and let the ‘flour flavor’ cook out for a couple of minutes; gradually adding the milk and heat (do not boil), whisking constantly until well blended. Turn heat off and add the cheese and tumeric, blending until smooth.
Remove bread with crab and bacon from oven; placing two apiece on each serving plate, place a slices of tomato on top, covering with cheese sauce, and garnish with paprika, and chives. Serve hot. ~ Enjoy!
This is the most delicious recipe EVER!!! I just made this today for my husband...and I'm so happy to report that he graciously said: "WOW" ;-)
Post a Comment