|The zucchini, egg, and cheese crust|
provides for a healthy and tasty base for a
most-excellent zippy pizza bake your
family will devour...
Cook Time: 50 min.
Posted by Sandra
· 4 cups grated zucchini, drain, and gently squeeze excess liquid
· 3 eggs, lightly beaten
· ½ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
· Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
· Olive oil
· 1 lb. extra-lean burger (preferably moose or deer)
· 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
· 1 (green/red/yellow) bell pepper, chopped
· 1 cup crimini (or button) mushrooms, chopped
· 1 teaspoon garlic powder
· 1 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning blend
· 1 can sliced black olives, drained
· 1 small pkg. pepperoni slices (divided)
· 1 jar pizza sauce (or make mine by clicking here: Sandra's Homemade Pizza Sauce)
· 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
· 1 cup medium cheddar cheese, shredded
· 1 cup pepper-monterey jack cheese, shredded
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
In a medium bowl combine the zucchini, eggs, parmesean cheese, and salt and pepper, to taste. Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with oil, and spread crust mixture evenly over bottom of dish. Bake at 400 degrees for 15. Remove crust and brush with olive oil and bake for 5 minutes longer, until lightly golden, and then remove and set aside while reducing oven temperature to 350 degrees.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, brown the burger, add the onions, bell pepper, mushrooms, and garlic powder, and Italian seasoning. Cook until the onions are translucent, about 7 to 10 minutes. Layer meat and vegetable mixture on top of crust, ½ the pepperoni slices, all the olives, spoon over the pizza sauce evenly, sprinkle the three cheeses in order listed, and then artfully arrange the remaining pepperoni slices on top. Bake in a 350-degree oven for 25 to 30 minutes just until the cheese gets bubbly and top of pizza bake starts to brown on sides. - Enjoy!