|OMG! - Have a bounty of|
napkins ready for this
Prep: 5 mins. |
Cook 6 mins.
Posted by Sandra
· ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons old bay seasoning
· 1 tablespoons sea salt
· 6 cups quarts water
· 1 (12 oz.) bottled dark beer (Alaskan Amber is preferable)
· 6 red potatoes, and cut half
· 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
· 3 garlic cloves, minced
· 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
· 1 fresh lemon, sliced and deseeded
· 1 lb. ring of smoked brat sausage, cut in 2” lengths
· 4 ears fresh corn, broken in half (or thawed if using frozen)
· 2 lbs. large shrimp (aka prawns) in shells
In a 6-quart heavy-bottom pot, bring old bay seasoning, kosher salt, water, and beer to a boil. Add potatoes, onions, garlic, and cayenne; cook over medium-high heat for 8 minutes.
Add smoked brat sausage to potatoes, onions, and corn; continue to cook on medium-high for 12 minutes (just until the potatoes are becoming tender, but not falling apart). Add shrimp in shells and lemon slices; cook for 4 minutes.
Drain cooking liquid.
Pour drained contents of pot into a large bowl; along with another medium bowl to discard shells...roll up your sleeves and feast. ~ Enjoy!