|This is a salad with all the perfect|
combination of ingredients, a must try...
Prep Time: 15 Mins.
Posted by Sandra
· 2 pkgs. baby spinach, rinsed and dried with a salad spinner (or paper towels)
· 4 cups strawberries, sliced (slice with an egg slicer if you have one)
· 1/2 cup vegetable oil
· 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
· 2 tablespoons sugar
· 2 tablespoons honey (don’t substitute for sugar as vinaigrette won’t stick to spinach)
· pinch of kosher salt and ground pepper
· sliced almonds and a pinch of sugar (to candy them see below)
· goat cheese crumbles (Use dental floss to cut into tiny crumbles when cold)
Heat a dry non-stick skillet over medium heat, once hot add sliced almonds, and lightly dust almonds with sugar, add a few drops of water very slowly and let it cook for a few minutes (watch closely until they caramelized as it happens very quickly). Place on plate to cool (they are very hot), and set aside.
In a large bowl, toss together the spinach and strawberries.
In a small bowl whisk together the oil, vinegar, sugar, honey, and salt and pepper until sugar has dissolved and vinaigrette thickens. (Do not refrigerate vinaigrette or it will get cloudy and pasty). Pour over the spinach and strawberries, and toss to coat.
Place salad on serving plates, and then sprinkle each with a bit of caramelized almonds and crumbled goat cheese crumbles. - Enjoy!
TIP: Make this as close to your serving time as possible because you do not want your spinach to wilt .