|A very satisfying hot meal|
to serve to your family or at a gathering
Prep: 5 mins |
Cook 30 mins
Posted by Sandra
· 4 pieces of canadian bacon, cut into ½” cubes
· 5 eggs
· 1/2 cup milk
· 3 cups frozen, real hash brown potatoes, thawed
· 1/3 cup chopped green onions
· 1 small can chopped green chilies, drained (I use mild)
· 1-1/2 cups medium shredded cheddar cheese, divided
· Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
|Sandra's Homemade |
· Sour cream
· Homemade Salsa (see recipe here: Sandra's Homemade Mexican Salsa)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and milk. Fold in bacon, hash browns, green onions, green chilies, and 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese. Pour into the prepared 9”x 9” baking dish that has been lightly sprayed with oil.
Bake for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Sprinkle the remaining cheddar cheese, and then continue baking for 5 more minutes, or until the cheese is melted and golden brown.
Remove from oven, and let stand for 5 minutes to set, and then cut into squares before serving (I serve mine with a dollop of sour cream and freshly made salsa). - Enjoy!
Note: This is wonderful served for brunch with a bowl of fresh fruit, along with mimosas (champagne with a splash of orange juice, garnished with sliced strawberry placed on the rim of the flute).