|It just doesn't get better than this -|
this is a salad that I often crave...
Prep Time: 10 min |
Stand Time: 30 min
Posted by Sandra
· 1 hothouse cucumber, (unpeeled) cut in half, and sliced 1/4-inch thick
· 1 red bell pepper, large-diced
· 1 yellow bell pepper, large-diced
· 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
· 1/2 red onion, sliced in half, and julienned
· 2 TB crumbled feta cheese:
(Sprinkle cheese on top just before serving)
· 1/2 cup calamata olives, pitted and halved
· 2 cloves garlic, minced
· 1 teaspoon dried oregano
· 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
· 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
· 1/2 cup good olive oil
· 1 teaspoon kosher salt
· 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Place the cucumber, peppers, tomatoes, olives and red onion in a medium bowl.
For the vinaigrette whisk together the garlic, oregano, mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper in a small bowl. While still whisking, slowly add the olive oil to make an emulsion. Pour the vinaigrette over the vegetables.
Sprinkling feta on top (do not toss). Set aside for 30 minutes to allow flavors to meld at room temperature, and serve.
Variation: Roast just the vegetables tossed with olive oil for 20 minutes at 400 degrees in oven.